How to Get a Tan Quickly: 21 At-Home Solutions
How to Get a Tan Quickly: 21 At-Home Solutions
You may think people like fair and white skin. But more and more people nowadays want to seek for effective ways on how to get a tan quickly. It may make you surprised. However, many people consider being tan as an attractive and appealing attribute. A bronzed and glowing body is performed in Western culture as one mark of sex-appeal and beauty, but it isn’t always effective and good for your health. In the western countries, people like being tan due to a symbol of wealth as well as status. When the society undergoes the industrializing process quickly, people have to spend more and more time working and studying inside building (workshops and factories at first, now offices). They do not have free time to go on the vacation and lay around in the sun. Therefore, people with a tan must be the rich. They are wealthy enough to go on the vacation and lay around in the sun. Moreover, people with a tanned skin look more healthily, compared with other people who have fair skin. Plus, some traditional methods used in order to get a tan like laying out in the sunlight, there are some sunless tanning choices available that may help you obtain a fast tan. Spray tans or self-tanning lotions are the best choices for people who are concerned about raising their skin cancer risk. Explore several tanning options below and find one that fits the quick-tan needs. In this article, AllRemedies will introduce to you 21 solutions on how to get a tan quickly at home. All of the ways in this article are collected from reliable sources. Each individual has a different skin condition; hence you should consult your doctor before applying any way. Keep reading this writing to learn more these 21 solutions on how to get a tan quickly!
See more: how to get glowing skin naturally
21 Solutions How To Get A Tan Quickly At Home
There are a number of methods that can help you to get a sun tan. Most people use tanning products or sunbathing. However, tanning products may cause unwanted side effects while sunbathing can result in sunburn or skin damages caused by overexposure to sunlight. In the summer, many people like going to the beach and lay in the sand for sunbathing. However, they do not know how to do it properly. Some people get serious sunburn because of that. Many people may ask for effective ways on how to get a tan quickly at home without causing unwanted side effects. I would like to introduce these effective ways for you. If you want to know more, you should read the article bellow.
Recommended reading: Home remedies for sunburn
1. Protect Your Eyes When You Are Exposed To Sunlight
When you have a sun bath, you should need a hat. Make sure that you do not wear sunglasses. Bathing in the sun, you just need to lay down and close your eyes comfortably. Bright light can boost the production of melanin by stimulating the hypothalamus gland. As a result, you may have a deeper tan.
2. Rub Your Tanned Skin
To make sure that your tanned skin is perfect and smooth, you can use a variety of products from well-known companies such as L’Oreal, Neutrogena, Victoria’s Secret and much more. Choose one product you like. You do not want your tanned skin to look flaky and dry, do you? Read the ingredients listed on the label carefully and follow the instructions of these products. You apply the spray or lotion to your skin evenly. Make sure that all your skin areas are covered well. If you choose the best lotion with noncomedogenic properties, you do not need to worry that it may clog your pores. You can ask your friend for help if your arms can not touch your back.
Check also: how to remove sun tan naturally
You can go to spas to get a perfect tan; however, the expense may be out of your budget and you may experience some unwanted side effects. Some people have to treat their damaged skin because the process of getting a tan in a spa does not go well. Therefore, we may ask whether there are some home remedies on how to get a tan quickly at home without causing adverse effects. The answer is yes. Coffee is well-known as a natural self-tanner that can help you to get the tanned skin at home safely. Moreover, coffee is also effective in hiding the appearance of cellulite.
Do you want to use coffee to get a tan?
- One cup of coffee ground
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix coffee ground and olive oil together until you get a smooth paste
- Apply this mixture over your body areas including your face, limbs and body parts
- Let this mixture sit on your skin for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
Lemon is also included in a list of effective home remedies on how to get a tan quickly at home. Application of lemon can increase the melanin production. As a result, you can get a tan quickly if you applied it topically.
The method is easy to do. You just need to squeeze the juice from one lemon and apply it to your skin areas. After 15 minutes, you can rinse it off with lukewarm water. Because lemon juice may increase the sensitiveness of skin to the sunlight, you still need to apply a suitable sunscreen to the skin in order to avoid skin damage and sunburn. Even if you want to get a tan, a sunscreen is still needed to help you avoid skin cancer.
Read more: benefits of lemon for dark circles
Using chocolate can give you a tan naturally.
If you want to get a tan with the help of chocolate, you need to do this:
- Mix chocolate with sufficient amount of your favorite mineral makeup
- Apply this mixture evenly over the skin areas of your body
- Leave it for 30 minutes
Applied this mixture several times a week for a few weeks, you can get a tanned skin you want.
6. Pumice Stone
Some people may apply sun-free tanning lotions to make their skin tanned. However, if the residue of these tanning lotions is left, it can affect the uppermost layer of your skin. Pumice stone is effective in getting rid of the residue of the tanning lotions and tanning sprays. You should use the pumice stone to rub your palms and feet where you may have residue of tanning lotions and tanning spray. Make sure that pumice stone is rubbed gently the areas such as feet and hands.
Regular application can give you a satisfactory result. After using a pumice stone, your skin becomes more sensitive. Therefore, you should apply a suitable moisturizer to soothe skin afterward.
See more: how to exfoliate skin naturally at home
7. Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder is another effective self-tanner on how to get a tan quickly that I would like to introduce to you.
- A quarter cup of cocoa powder
- Your usual white lotion
- Mix cocoa powder and lotion well
- Use a makeup sponge to apply this mixture to your skin areas
- Let it stay for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Do it several times to get the best result.
Read also: natural ways how to remove dead skin cells
Tea is also one of natural home remedies on how to get a tan quickly at home you should not skip. Tea can give you a perfect tan without exposing to harmful UV rays.
- Add three tea bags in a utensil
- Pour three-quarters of a cup of boiling water into this utensil
- Let this tea steep in this boiling water for 10 minutes
- Strain the tea
- Mix this tea with a quarter cup of sesame oil
- Use a sponge to apply this solution to your skin
This mixture can give you a perfect tan easily and safely.
9. Drink Enough Water
Hydration is one of the tips on how to get a tan quickly at home I would like to introduce to you in this article. If you want to have a tan, you should make sure that your skin is enough healthy and glowing. If your skin is sensitive, it does not achieve a perfect tan. Moreover, if sensitive skin is exposed to sunlight, it will be damaged or burned. Therefore, make sure that your skin and your body are provided enough water. Water plays the important role in not only the health but also the skin. The body systems need water to function well. Moreover, dehydration can lead to many skin problems such as dryness, dull complexion, and flaky skin. These skin problems may affect the process of getting a tan. Moreover, it can also lead to skin damage and worsen the skin condition. In order to make sure that your skin is hydrated enough to get a sun tan, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
10. The Healthy Diet
If you want to get a perfect suntan on your skin, you should make sure that your skin is healthy enough. Asking for the effective ways on how to make skin healthy and clear, you should not ignore the healthy diet. We cannot deny that good foods can give you flawless skin. In spite of time or money spent on skincare routine, if you eat fast foods and processed foods, your skin may look dull and unhealthy. The unhealthy skin may increase the risk of developing pigmentation that is an adverse effect of sun exposure. Moreover, if exposed to sunlight excessively, unhealthy skin is more prone to skin cancer, one of common cancer in the United States. Therefore, it is important to keep your skin glowing and healthy before you look for effective ways on how to get a tan quickly.
Experts always said that what is put in your mouth is as important as the products applied on the skin. When healthy foods are digested, they can be broken down into minerals, vitamins and amino acids that are necessary to make skin glowing and beautiful. If you skip meals or consume highly processed foods, your skin will not be supple and strong. Particularly, your skin needs providing enough protein to ensure the collagen stability and elastic tissue.
Sugar or products containing too much sugar should be avoided. Sugar consumption may lead to acnes and pimples. It is recommended substitute sugary foods with nutrient-rich foods such as vegetables, fruits, and healthy foods containing omega 3 fatty acids.
Read more: foods high in protein
11. Tea And Chocolate
Tea that helps you protect against heart disease also helps you to get a tan.
Here are detailed directions on how to get a tan quickly with tea and chocolate:
- Steep black tea (about 3-4 bags) in about hot water (3/4 cups). As the tea brews, mix raw cocoa powder (1/3 cup) with cocoa butter (1/2 cup) in a blender.
- Mix 1/2 the steeped black tea with sesame or coconut oil (1/2 cup) and then add it to this blender.
- Blend till smooth and after that add the remaining tea.
- The longer the tea is left in order to brew before adding to this mixture, the darker your final pigment will be.
Read more: how to get lighter skin tone naturally
12. (Un)dress For Success
You should wear your swimsuit which you will wear when you are swimming if you do not want to get one patchwork quilt of your tan lines. In addition, using the same swimsuit may give you a buttery and smooth tan which flows from the skin to the bathing suit. Furthermore, you need to completely skip the swimsuit if you can.
13. Wear Sunscreen When Tanning
How to get a tan quickly with wearing sunscreen? If you do not wear sunscreen when tanning, UVA and UVB rays can still harm the skin. You may use a lip balm using sunscreen, and you apply the sunscreen into the shade, after that you allow it in order to soak in for around 20 to 25 minutes before you go into the sun.
14. Look For Place In The Sun
How to get a tan with this simple way? Simply, you may tan at the beach or anywhere the sun shines. Or, you can get a tan at your own backyard. Something you need to prepare is tanning lotion, water, and a beach chair or towel.
15. Choose Your UV Source
How to get a tan quickly at home with this solution? You had better choose the right UV source. Nothing can beat good sunshine and old-fashioned for ultraviolet tanning. In case the weather or sky does not permit, maybe tanning bed is one year-round, effective alternative in order to maintain the skin lightly browned.
16. Hydrate Your Skin
How to get a tan with this way? Experts suggest that the well hydrated skin will tan faster and better than dusty, dry skin. Before you prepare your skin to tan, you had better do the following:
- You moisturize your skin with the favorite lotion that has sodium PCA.
- You exfoliate dead and dry epidermal cells in your shower by scrubbing gently with a loofah, exfoliating soap or rough cloth.
- You should apply the suitable level of sunscreen for your skin. In case you own the light skin, you had better use a lotion that contains a higher level of SPF than SPF rating in the lotions for your darker skin. Regardless of the type of your skin, you had better apply a sunscreen with a level of SPF of fifteen minimum.
If you are about to be in the water, the sunscreen you use should be waterproof. Make sure that, you apply it after each 5 hours
Read more: natural dry skin treatment
17. Moisturize After Tanning
This step is very important after tanning. You had better apply an aloe skin lotion in order to help moisturize and soothe your skin. Moreover, moisturizing will help keep a healthy skin as well as prevent it from being dry and flaky from the sun.
See also: benefits of tea tree oil for skin and health
18. Apply Natural Oils
Seeking on how to get a tan with natural ingredients, you should not pass natural oils.
There are plenty of natural oils, which can attract the sun as and give you a great and healthy tan as well. You just need to use a natural tan-enhancer before tanning and afterwards you rinse it off with soap and water when completed tanning. Several natural products you can use are:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Wheat-germ oil
- Hazelnut oil
- Avocado oil
- Green Tea Extract
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
Read more: Top natural oil for skin care
19. Move While You Tan
For the best results, what you need to do:
- Position yourself to the sunlight directly.
- Turn your body over frequently.
- Then lay out on middle of the day between about 10am and 4pm.
- After that, use a reflective sheet or towel to focus the sun.
- Later lay on your own floatation device on the water.
- Finally, reapply your natural oil or tanning lotion every two hours or after contacting with the water.
Read more: best lotions for dry skin
20. Time Yourself
You need to ensure that you will only spend around fifteen minutes on every side of your body. Constantly lying in the sun is really bad. Therefore, around fifteen minutes you will change your sides. Plus, you need to consume plenty of the cool water as well as put on your tan oil accelerator. This process may take up to 4 days or more to get a satisfied tan.
Learn also: Wheat germ oil for skin care
21. Don’t Shower
You should notice this step. You do not take a shower before tanning as the natural oils of the body will help you tan. You only exfoliate and shower for sunless tanning.
- Choose the proper times to tan
- Always tan by using the natural sun without the tanning salons.
- For light skin, you just need to tan on every side for about 20 minutes at least.
- Do not use sunscreen and tanning oil in underarms and bikini line.
- Sunglasses are really good for your sensitive eyes.
- Keep water handy.
- Wear lip balm.
It is important for you to take care of your skin after you get a tan. After spending time in a tanning bed or in the sun, you should drink a glass of water immediately to replace the water lost. Applying a good moisturizer to your skin can lock the moisture and nourish your skin. It is recommended bringing a bottle of moisturizer with you and applying it after you finish tanning.
Read more: best natural acne cures
If you want to know more about natural skin care tips and at home remedies for skin problems, go to our main Skin Care page. After reading the article of 21 at-home solutions how to get a tan quickly, hope that it can help you find out the best remedy to help get a tan fast without any side effect. All these ways are very effective in getting a tan. However these ways will take some time to get tan but their results are long lasting. The writing is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other way for removing sun tan, please leave them below. Also, you can share the experience if you know any other sun tanning remedies to us.
Related articles in sun tanning problems:
27 Ways To Get Rid Of Sun Tan From Face & Hands Naturally
Top 19 Tips On How To Get A Tan Fast
People seem to be more beautiful when they have a tan that will add a warm glow to their skin, mask blemishes, and help to make colorful clothes stand out. However, it may be a tricky business to get a right tan because there are UV rays and awkward orange colors you have to avoid, and some tan lines you should consider. By a little knowledge with forethought, you may overcome any obstacles and get a perfect tan. This article in EffectiveRemedies.com will show you 19 best tips ever on how to get a tan fast and easily. You should keep in mind these useful tips if you want to own a nice tanned skin.
Top 19 Tips How To Get A Tan Fast
1. Keep Your Skin Hydrated
The first of 19 tips on how to get a tan is to always keep your skin hydrated. It is recommended by many experts that a well-hydrated skin will tan better and faster than dusty and dry skin. Before you tan your skin, you should do the following below:
First of all, you gently scrub your skin with a rough cloth, loofah, or exfoliating soap while you take a shower to help remove the dead and dry epidermal cells.
Then you use your favorite lotion that has sodium PCA to moisturize the skin.
See more: Natural Homemade Moisturizer For Dry Skin: Top 29 Diy Solutions
2. Apply Sunscreen When You Tan
If you do not apply sunscreen when you are tanning, UVB & UVA rays are still harmful to your skin. You may apply a lip balm along with sunscreen in the shade and then allow it to soak in it for about 20-25 minutes before you go out and expose to the sunshine.
When you are trying the best to achieve a perfect tan, it is very important to apply a sunscreen with SPF. If you are afraid that it may prevent you from getting a tan, you should think again. It seems to be odd and not really productive. However, if you apply a sunscreen with SPF, your tan can last longer. If you apply a sunscreen with an SPF level of 8 to 10, you can get a tan gradually. In fact, a gradual tan often lasts much longer than when you get a tan all at once. Moreover, another benefit of applying a sunscreen with SPF may also help to avoid skin cancer. The SPF can filter some dangerous rays from the sunshine.
3. Moisturize Your Skin After Tanning
This is a very important step after you tan. You’d better use an aloe skin cream to assist you in moisturizing and soothing your skin. Moreover, moisturizing the skin will help you to keep a healthy skin and prevent it from being flaky and dry after exposing to the sunshine.
A softer skin seems to be better tanned. Hence, you should keep your body moisturized at night before you have a plan to sunbathe in the next morning and make your skin as silky as possible. You should concentrate more on the problematic areas that can dry more quickly as they can lead to an uneven tan. In addition, you have to make sure that you drink enough water to keep your skin and well-hydrated during you are tanning.
Keep staying with us for our next post if you want to get more ways how to get a tan!
4. Exfoliate The Skin Gently & Regularly
Tanning is the skin reacting to the sunshine. To getting a tan properly, you have to make sure that you exfoliate your skin regularly to avoid building up the dead skin cells and to prevent them from blocking the rays. If you forget to exfoliate the skin, you will get an uneven tan and you certainly don’t want it. Hence, let scrub your skin lightly so that you do not remove all the color if you have already a darker skin. If you’re finding a natural scrub, you may do it yourself and there are many options for you to choose such as granulated sugar combined with honey, coffee mixed with oil, ground oatmeal with a little bit of salt.
5. Keep Moving While You Tan
If you want to get a perfect tan, remember to allow all of your body parts to expose to the sunshine. When you tan your front, you have your arms up. Hence, when you turn on the stomach, make sure that you keep the arms out as well. By this way, you may let even the body parts which seem to be harder to show off expose to the sun. When you feel drowsy, you may curl up under the umbrella to enjoy a sleep. Here are important tips that you have to remember while you tan.
- Position yourself to get the sunshine directly
- Flip your body over frequently every 15 to 30 minutes
- Lay out on a middle day between about 10am and 4pm
- Use a sheet or reflective towel to focus the sunshine.
- Lay on the floatation device on water
- Reapply the natural oil or tanning lotion every two hours or after exposing to the sun.
6. Do Not Take A Bath
This is an important step that you should pay attention to this step if you are wondering how to get a tan. You don’t take a bath before you tan because the natural oils of your body will help you in tanning. You only take a bath for sunless tanning.
7. Opt For UV Source
You should opt for the UV source properly. Nothing may beat old-fashioned and good sunshine for UV tanning. If the sky or weather doesn’t permit, tanning bed may be a year-round and effective alternative to make your skin lightly browned. You’d better keep all moderately; otherwise, your great looking skin can end looking as leather if you stay in the “oven” for a long time.
8. (Un)dress For Success
You should wear a swimsuit which you will wear when you swim if you don’t want to get an uneven tan. Using the same swimsuit may give you a buttery and smooth tan which flows from your skin to the bathing suit. Or you may skip the swimsuit if you can.
9. Find Place In The Sun
Finding a good place in the sunshine is a very effective tip on how to get a tan. You can simply tan at your backyard. Besides, you may tan at the beach or anywhere having the sunshine. Everything you need to prepare is tanning lotion, water, a towel and a beach chair.
10. How To Get A Tan with Natural Oil
Natural oil will attract the sunshine as well as provide you with a healthy tan.
You just apply one of the natural oils before you tan. Then you rinse it off with the soap and water when the tanning is completed. Here are some natural oils that you can apply:
- Coconut oil
- Hazelnut oil
- Olive oil
- Wheat-germ oil
- Sunflower oil
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Green tea oil
11. Time Yourself
Another among 19 tips on how to get a tan fast is to time yourself. You have to make sure you will only spend 15 to 30 minutes on all your body parts. Lying in the sunshine constantly is not good for your skin. Therefore, about 15 to 30 minutes, you should change sides. Besides, you need to drink enough cool water and put on a tan oil accelerator. It may take up to 4 days or more to give you the desired tan.
12. Avoid Sunburn
Many of us often make a mistake when thinking that exposing to the sunshine for hours will help you own the best tan. However, it is a wrong thought. In fact, when your skin is exposed to the sunshine for a long time, it may cause sunburn. Your skin, in turn, still turns into a tan in some cases but certain tan parts will peel off and thus causing an uneven tan. In some other cases, your skin will eventually be peeled off but it is not a tan. In contrast, you accidentally put yourself at higher risk of skin cancer. Therefore, you should expose to the sunshine for only 1 or two hours at a time.
Learn more: 27 Natural Home Remedies For Sunburn Relief On Shoulders & Others
13. Avoid Wear Perfume, Makeup, And Deodorant While Tanning
If possible, you should avoid applying certain products when tanning your body. In fact, makeup and perfumes are loaded with several ingredients causing skin sensitivity. If you apply them, they can result in a burn or a rash. Apart from makeup and perfumes, wearing deodorant while tanning may cause a problem in your arm skin areas. You had better remove the deodorant completely before beginning to tan your skin.
14. How To Get A Tan with Cocoa Powder and Unscented White Lotion
The combination of cocoa powder and unscented white lotion is an effective and simple way on how to get a tan fast. You just prepare 2 ingredients, cocoa powder and unscented white lotion. Remember to choose cocoa powder made from 100% pure powder (you can see this information on its label).
- 100% pure cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Unscented white lotion – ½ cup
How to apply:
- Mix 2 these ingredients above together by using a fork. Do not forget to break up all clumps and then blend them well.
- You can adjust the amount of cocoa powder to get your expected skin color. This mixture will get a darker color when you put it in a bowl, compared with applying on your skin.
- You dab this tanning lotion all over your body evenly.
- Remember to apply it every day and you will get a deep tan.
Tips to keep in mind:
- You have to store this cocoa powder and unscented white lotion in an empty jar or a container for the next use.
- It is better to apply a mild moisturizer for getting the better benefits.
- Besides, you should exfoliate your skin before applying this lotion recipe.
- Normally, the lotion looks very dark when making it, however, after applied on the skin, it is not dark as put in the bowl.
15. How To Get A Tan with Unscented White Lotion And Coffee Or Tea
You may use tea or coffee to prepare this lotion. You surely know that both coffee and tea may stain your teeth and thus making an undesired effect. Similarly, two these drinks will also help to “stain” the skin, which, in turn, gives you a perfect tan color. To sum up, no matter which drinks you choose, just ensure that you use those having caffeine, not the decaf because caffeine is actually capable of firming and tightening your skin to ease the wrinkle appearance. Here is a homemade tip on how to get a tan, using unscented white lotion and coffee or tea:
- Tea bags or caffeinated coffee grounds
- Unscented white lotion
How to apply:
- Firstly, brew tea or coffee like normally. If you use coffee, remember to take an adequate amount of grounds for an empty cup but just enough water to fill to this cup. If you use tea, let take 3 or 4 family sized tea bags dipped in about 1 cup of boiled water.
- Next, you mix the unscented white lotion with the prepared coffee or tea. The more tea or coffee you take, the darker your skin color can own.
- Now, you put this mixture in an empty spray bottle and then apply this on your skin.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Do not forget to shake it well before using.
- You should apply it every week or bi-weekly to get your desired results.
16. How To Get A Tan with Coffee And Olive Oil
You can also use coffee combined with olive oil as a natural homemade tanner. The dark color of coffee will help you to own a tan naturally. Besides, it aids you in concealing the cellulite appearance.
- You just prepare olive oil (2 tablespoons) and coffee grounds (1 cup).
- Then you mix and apply it on body parts which you want to tan.
- Let this mixture sit on your skin for about 12 to 15 minutes and remove it.
17. How To Get A Tan with Carrot And Brown Sugar
This homemade tanning oil is another way on how to get a tan fast. It may be even better than using homemade lotions because it will lead to less chance of streaks. In addition, you just need a bit of tanning oil to cover your whole body than applying lotion and you can quickly spray it on your skin after taking a shower.
- Unpeeled fresh carrot – a pound
- Brown sugar – two cups
- Water – 3 quarts
How to apply:
- Clean and cut some carrots into many thin slices.
- Next, you boil the water put brown sugar and these carrot slices in it.
- You reduce the heat and let the water simmer for about 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, you remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to be cool.
- Now, you use a strainer to strain the oil.
- You store this tanning oil into an empty spray bottle and apply this once weekly to maintain your desired color.
- Remember to remove all carrot pieces in the tanning oil or they will make the spray bottle get clogged, and thus making the oil not come out.
18. How To Get A Tan with Chocolate And Tea
You may apply chocolate combine with tea to get a tip on how to get a tan quickly.
- At first, you steep 3 or 4 black tea bags in about 3/4 cup of hot water and wait for a few minutes.
- Next, you take 1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of cocoa butter, 1/2 cup of sesame or coconut oil, a half of the steeped black tea and then put them in a blender.
- You blend them well until they become smooth mixture
- After that, you add the remaining tea in the mixture. If the remaining tea is left to brew longer before added to this mixture, it will give you a darker final pigment.
19. Protect Your Eyes
The bright light on your optic nerve can stimulate the hypothalamus gland. This can help to produce melanin and thereby achieving a better tan. However, your eyes may easily be burned as well. Hence, the best thing you should do is to wear your hat or keep your eyes closed instead of wearing the sunglasses while you lay under the sunshine.
- Choose the time properly to tan
- Always tan by getting the natural sun
- For a light skin, you only need to tan for every 20 minutes on each of your body parts
- Do not apply tanning oil and sunscreen in underarms as well as bikini line
- Always apply lip balm when tanning
- Keep water handy
To discover more natural tips for other beauty and health conditions, go to our main How To page. Hope that this article about 19 tips how to get a tan fast will help you to choose the best tip to get a tan fast and easily. Let share your experience with us if you have any other tip on how to get a tan and freely ask us if you have any question.
Also on EffectiveRemedies.com
Advertisements by Google
24 Tips On How To Get A Tan Fast And Safely
While too much sun is bad, having a tanned skin is rather interesting for many of us. No one wants to wind up burnt, but there is gotta be a method to tan without crisping.
When it comes to tanning, many of you might wonder: Is it the same to tan outside or inside? Here we will answer your question. Despite ultraviolet radiation is rather similar in these situations, a person could never precisely foresee the intensity of a tan taken outside due to changing factors like season, time of the day, cloudiness, wind, pollution, proximity of the equator, etc. In the tanning salon, results are taken controlled, thus predictable.
Due to a more sophisticated technology which allows a good mixture of UVA and UVB, the sunbeds can stimulate the solar radiation whilst minimizing risks of erythema and sunstroke known as “sunburn”. The tanning beds which are made for clients are mostly producing UVA, which is safer than UVB. It is estimated that a session of 20 minutes in tanning beds roughly will corresponds to the result gotten from tanning in the sun for about 3 hours. Actually, natural sun exposure is more dangerous as UVB and infra-red are not filtered. Now, turn back to the main topic “how to get a tan”, if you are looking for ways on how to get a tan fast and safely, then you are the right place. Here, we from TrueRemedies.com are going to share our top tips on how to get a tan nicely. Check out below!
24 Simple Tips On How To Get A Tan Fast And Safely
1. Go Out In The Sun
Well, this might be too obvious when it comes to learning how to get a tan fast. But, to be honest, many people think that by lying in the shade all day, they will soon get a tan. No. You need to go lie in the sunshine, move around, and do watersports. This helps you get your desired tan rapidly.
2. Always Avoid Sunbeds
You should avoid falling for the myth peddled by some beauty salons that they could give you a healthy sun tan by using a sunbed. Actually, it is a wrong UV. Tanning beds just pump out lots of UVA and nearly no UVB (which can stimulate vitamin D), and could enhance the risk of skin cancer by about 75%, according to Dr. Nick Lowe.
3. How To Get A Tan – Use The Right Sunscreen
You should not just depend on SPF when choosing sunscreen for your skin. On the bottle of sunscreen cream or spray, you need to look for the term “broad spectrum: or the UVA logo along with the word “high”. Besides, choose the one with SPF 30 instead of SPF50. It will filter 97% of UVB rays, whilst the SPF50 filters about 98%. SPF50 type could give a wrong sense of security, and could be very chalky that you might not reapply it every a couple of hours like you had better. In case your skin is dark, then you just need a sunscreen with SPF15.
Learn more: 27 Tips On How To Remove Sun Tan From Face, Neck, Arms & Legs
4. Understand Your Time Of Tanning
Your complexion will reach a tanning cut-off spot as it could not physically manufacture any more melanin, which is the tanning pigment, so you will waste your time and effort if lounging by the pool all day long. Each person has their own melanin cut-off, which is about 2-3 hours or even much less if he/she has fair skin”. After that, that person is just subjecting his/her skin to the damage by UV rays.
5. Go For Some Shade
You need to take breaks from the sun and decrease the intensity of UV as well as your sunburn risk . It also means that your tan will be longer lasting and healthier as well.
6. Get Tan With Reflection
The technique of reflection despite does not give fast result when it comes to learning how to get a tan fast, but it works effectively. Here is how it works:
- On the pool: because water reflects sunlight, so you can be in the water or sit on a floatable device on the water. If you want to get a dark tan, then dipping in the water will not just relaxing and cooling, but effective for your goal.
- Reflective sheets and towels: despite this idea is old fashioned, they are still a great manner to boost your dark tan. It works by attracting the sunlight onto the skin, thereby creating a base tan. You need to take a reflective board, then turn it into an angle of 450. Or, you could also use a reflective blanket by placing it on the ground, then lie down, turn your body alternatively and take a rest in the shade.
7. Use Coconut Oil
It is said that coconut oil is the secret for a deep, nice sun tan. You may use coconut oil for moisturizing your skin, but maybe, you have not ever thought about this use of coconut oil. This ingredient can help you achieve a darker tan. In addition, it is also wonderful because it can replenish the lost moisture on your skin caused by the sun. But, be careful that it could get a little oily and messy. You should also never use it on your face in case your skin is sensitive and you are prone to acne .
8. How To Get A Tan – Avoid Scrubbing Your Skin
Assume that you have had a nice tan, now you want to last it for a long time. For this purpose, you should do two following things:
- Avoid using any scrub on skin because they will remove the top layer of tanned skin cells, bringing the new “white” skin cells to the skin surface.
- Moisturize your skin regularly
9. Use Some “Tan-Accelerating” Creams For Supplements
Dr Marko Lens, the skin cancer expert used to say that “tan-accelerating” creams are BS. Despite nothing applied to the skin could improve the melanin production, taking a daily 25g beta-carotene supplement could do some help. But, it does not mean that you need less sunscreen, but it will boost the natural defense of your skin of UV rays by boosting its capacity to tan.
10. Consume Sun-Friendly Foods
In regard to learning how to get a tan safely and fast, it is important to know about nutrition for tanned skin. Specific foods are known to boost lycopene, which is the natural SPF of the human skin. You can found this substance in tomatoes, orange and red fruits as well as vegetables. Also, the antioxidants found in such foods can boost your sun protection by about 33%. Besides, green tea is another great food for your sun-tanned skin. It has antioxidants named polyphenols . Or, go for dark chocolate because it is packed with flavonoids which could help protect against sunburn, whilst caffeine is claimed to help reduce the risk of skin cancer. It is great if you take an espresso shot before hitting the beach.
11. Faux Your Glow
You should keep in mind that fake tan does not offer sun protection; however, it could help you stop burning. You can choose a spray tan before wearing your bikini or find a good product to use at home.
12. How To Get A Tan – Be Lucid About Sun Hours
In regard to learning how to get a tan safely, it is worth knowing that sun exposure before 10 am and after 4 pm is not as damaging your complexion. Thus, think of steady and slow acquisition of your tan during the rich-vitamin D hours.
13. Protect Your Lips
Chapped, dry lips  can be the consequence of getting tanned skin without caring for other body parts. Thus, keep your lips soft and smooth with a lip balm having SPF. Burned lips look not only bad but also hurt.
Read more: 21 Tips How To Get Rid Of Swollen Lip Symptoms Fast At Home
14. Protect Your Hair
If your complexion is sensitive to sun, your hair and scalp are too. Thus, you should find a floppy, fun hat and use a conditioner with UV protecting features.
15. Steadily Get A Tan
You should not try to get a tan right on the first day of the season. To get a nice tan, the key is doing it steadily. The first few weeks, you just need to spend a few hours outside, wear sunscreen particularly on your nose and shoulders, which tend to always receive the most sun. However, by using sunscreen during the early weeks in the sun, you will build a steady tan without burning. Set yourself up for long summer days in the sun if possible.
16. As Soon As You Feel Like You Get Too Much Sun, Go In The Shade
This tip on how to get a tan applies for all of us, regardless of the skin color. Even when you really want to get a tan and it is a nice day, you should still get out of the sun once feeling a little overheated or pink. Put on your hat, get in shade. Let yourself cool down. You should do so because spending too much time in the sun can result in a heat rash.
17. How To Get A Tan – Exfoliate Lightly If You Get Too Much Sun
If you got a little too much sun, then you can take a tepid shower and use a shower gel along with a washcloth, pat soap on your skin to lightly exfoliate your skin. But, do not scrub.
18. Slap, Not Scratch
If you get an itch, then avoid scratching it, just slap it. It is a serious advice on how to get a tan safely.
19. Short And Frequent
You should spend time in the sun as often as you could, but for shorter time periods. This will keep a tan for a longer period of time. Also, you should get some sun daily. It will help you get a better sleep by keeping your own circadian rhythm in check.
20. Cheat A Little
Using a sun tan accelerate containing bronzer can give your complexion an extra little tan-colored hue – a tint – which will make you look tanned before you really get tanned. In fact, it is not like fake tan, but it will not streak.
21. Fake It
If all tips on how to get a tan above fail, you could always fake it. There are many tanning products out there these days, from tanning mousse to spray bottles. If you are not confident with applying an all-over tanning lotion by yourself, then you could have a friend to help you do it. As an alternative, you could treat yourself to a spray tan at the salon before leaving.
22. Avoid Wearing Makeup, Perfume, And Deodorant Upon Tanning
If possible, you had better avoid applying some products upon tanning your body. In reality, perfumes and makeup have some ingredients causing skin sensitivity. If applying them, they might result in a skin rash or burn. In addition to perfumes and makeup, wearing deodorant whilst tanning might also lead to problems in the areas using such deodorant. You should eliminate it completely prior to tanning your skin.
23. How To Get A Tan – Combine Cocoa Butter And Unscented White Lotion
If you combine unscented white lotion and cocoa butter, it is a fast and effective way on how to get a tan fast. To do it, you need to choose cocoa powder which is made from 100% pure powder.
- 1/3 cup of 100% pure cocoa powder
- ½ cup of unscented white lotion
- Use a fork to combine these ingredients together. Remember to break up all clumps and blend them well.
- Adjust the cocoa powder amount so you can get your expected skin color
- Dab the solution all over your body
- Apply it daily and you will get a deep tan
While doing so, you should apply a mild moisturizer to get better benefits. Also, exfoliating yours kin prior to applying this lotion is a good thing. The lotion will look very dark when you make it, but after applied on the skin, it will not be as dark as being put in the bowl.
24. Combine Coffee Or Tea
We all know that coffee or tea can stain our teeth, so why don’t you make use of them to get tanned skin? These drinks will “stain” your skin, giving you a perfect tan color. Regardless of the drinks you choose, you just need to make sure that you use the ones having caffeine, not the decaf as caffeine is really capable of tightening and firming your skin for easing wrinkles and fine lines. Some steps to take are:
- Prepare caffeinated coffee grounds or tea bags, and unscented white lotion
- Brew tea or coffee as normal. If you choose coffee, then take an enough amount of grounds to add in a cup, add enough water to fill the cup. If you choose tea, then take 3-4 family sized tea bags to dip in 1 cup of boiled water.
- Mix the unscented white lotion with the prepared tea or coffee.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle, and apply it over your skin
- Remember to shake it before using
- Apply it weekly or bi-weekly to get good results
After reading this article of 24 tips on how to get a tan fast and safely, hope that you can figure out the detailed plan to get your skin tanned effectively. Choose some of them to apply and share your experience with us then. We appreciate your contribution and will reply as soon as we could.
For more natural tips about other health and beauty issues, visit our main How To Page.
How to get a Tan Naturally
We all are aware that vitamin D is essential for proper functioning of our body and sun rays are the best source of vitamin D. But people in cold countries, won’t get proper sun rays to grab the vitamin D and other health benefits from the sun rays. So, they crave for sun rays and thereby skin tanning and also in western culture, a glowing, bronzed body is celebrated as a mark of beauty.
Hot summer is the perfect time to get a tan on the skin and to boost up the appeal. Always remember that you should take some safety provisions while developing a tan why because not all methods used for tanning your skin are safe and they might increase the risk of developing skin cancer.
It helps to boost the serotonin levels which in turn produce vitamin D essential for healthy skin, teeth and bone system, reduce your anxiety, enhance metabolism and immune system, etc. whatever the reason is, most people love sunlight and tanning.
Are you one among those people looking for the best ways to grab sun tan naturally at home with the usage of cosmetic or commercial sunscreens or lotion? Then it is the best place for you to learn all about skin tanning at home.
To avoid the chances of developing premature aging and skin cancer or wrinkles on the skin while enjoying suntan, you should keep your head on these tips to get a sage and naturally sun kissed glow.
Home Remedies to Get A Tan:
Here are some best self-tanning home remedies and tips that help you know how to get a right tan fast and easily. All you need is to follow them regularly to get a nice tanned skin without sunburn or developing hazardous skin problems.
Let’s get started…
Remedy – 1: (Natural Methods)
There are some natural home based ingredients that help you to tan your skin quickly and effectively. They also help the body to observe and utilize the vitamin D content. Have a look at these natural remedies for tanning.
Method – 1: (Cocoa Powder and Unscented White Lotion)
Just like coconut oil, cocoa powder and unscented white lotion will help for quick and perfect tanning by activating the melanin. So, this combination is treated as an effective self-tanner.
- Exfoliate your skin and dry it thoroughly.
- Mix 1/3 cup of 100% pure cocoa powder in 1/2 cup of unscented white lotion to make a smooth paste without any clumps.
- Spread this tanning lotion to all over the body evenly.
- Go for a tanning process to grab a deep tanning effect and store the remaining paste in an airtight container.
- Repeat the same process daily until you get a deep tan.
Note: Or use brewed tea or coffee instead of cocoa powder in unscented white lotion and apply it on the skin as a spray.
Method – 2: (Natural Oils)
You believe or not, natural oils are the best oils that attract the sunshine to provide you a healthy tan. All you need is to apply natural oils before going to tan your skin. After completing the tanning process, you have to rinse your body with mild soap and water.
Here are some best natural oils like coconut oil, olive oil, hazelnut oil, wheat-germ oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, green tea oil, etc.
Check out more on How Coconut Oil used for Tanning your Skin.
Method – 3: (Coffee with Olive Oil)
Olive oil has a natural luster that attracts the sun rays easily into the body and also it penetrates into the skin to moisturize and nourish your skin. The caffeine content in coffee helps to firm your skin and make it appear as a perfect tan color.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (or almond oil) in 1 cup of coffee grounds.
- Stir well to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the body parts where you want to tan your skin.
- Leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes and remove it.
- Continue doing the same process regularly until you get perfect tanning.
Method – 4: (Carrot with Brown Sugar)
The combination of fresh carrot, water, and brown sugar will make homemade tanning oil that helps you a lot in tanning your skin.
- Take 1 pound of unpeeled fresh carrots and clean them to cut it into thin slices.
- Then boil 3 quarts of water and place 2 cups of brown sugar and carrot slices in this water.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 3 hours.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Strain the oil and store it in an empty spray bottle.
- Apply this tanning oil for once a week regularly to grab the perfect tanning.
Method – 5: (Chocolate and Tea)
Applying chocolate on the skin will help to tan your skin effectively by observing the sun rays easily into the skin. When chocolate combined with tea then it becomes a quick tip on how to get a tan.
- Place 3 – 4 black tea bags in 3/4 cup of hot water and steep it for few minutes.
- Then add 1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder, 1/2 cup each of cocoa butter and sesame oil (or coconut oil) and 1/2 of the steeped black tea in a blender.
- Blend all these ingredients well until it turns to smooth mix and add the remaining 1/2 part of the tea mixture into it.
- Stir well and apply it on the skin where you want to enjoy tanned skin.
- Repeat the action of self-tanning remedy until you observed your desired tan on the skin.
Note: Or simply mix chocolate with any brownish shade of your mineral makeup and spread it all over the skin. Then step outside in the sun to grab your desired tanning effect on the skin.
Method – 6: (Lemon)
We all know that lemon exhibits photosensitivity and can easily absorb sun rays to make you tan your skin quickly.
- Take 1 – 2 lemons and cut them in half and squeeze it juice freshly.
- Apply this lemon juice (or lemon wedges) on all over the body.
- Spend your time under the sun to enjoy your skin tanning.
Remedy – 2: (Hydrate your Skin)
Many experts suggest that well-hydrated skin will tan better and faster than dry or dusty skin. So, before going to tan your skin, you have to hydrate your skin by following these steps.
Exfoliate your skin by scrubbing it gently with a loofah or pumice stone or a rough cloth to remove dry and dead epidermal cells in your shower. Dry your skin thoroughly and moisturize it with an effective lotion that has sodium PCA. Leave for few minutes to apply sunscreen with an SPF of 8 to 10 on the skin to prevent the effect of harmful UVA & UVB sun rays and to get tan gradually.
Also, you can apply a lip balm along with your sunscreen for about 20 – 25 minutes before stepping out to expose the sunshine. The application of SPF will filter some dangerous rays omitted from the sunshine and also prevent the risk of developing skin cancer.
Remedy – 3: (Moisturize the Skin after Tanning)
This is an important step you have to follow after tanning your skin to moisturize and soothe the irritated skin. It helps not only to moisturize the skin but also keep it healthy without being dry or flaky skin that occurs after sun exposure.
So, apply aloe vera based skin cream at night before bedtime so that your skin will become silky and ready for sunbath in the morning but make sure to concentrate more on the problematic areas to get quick relief from uneven skin tones. Also, drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated during tanning.
Remedy – 4: (Don’t Take Bath before Tanning)
Avoid taking your bath before tanning your skin why because the natural oils of your body will help you in the process of proper tanning and if you take bath then they will be cleared and you may experience painful and irritating skin unless and until it is a sunless tanning process.
Remedy – 5: (Keep on Moving)
Always remember that all of your body parts have to expose to the sunlight for getting a perfect tan. When you’re tanning your front then your arms should be in upward position and when you turn on the stomach then keep your arms out. In this way, you can tan your overall body.
Make sure to position yourself in such a way to get sunshine directly. Try to flip your body for every 15 – 30 minutes to prevent the effect of prolonged sun exposure. Choose time on the middle day i.e. between 10 am to 4 pm (exclude 12 – 2 pm).
For best results, use a reflective towel or sheet to focus the sunshine (or) simply lay on the floatation device on water. But remember to apply tanning lotion or natural oil (like coconut oil) for every 2 hours or after exposing your skin to the sun for a perfectly tanned skin. If the intensity of sun rays is high and you’re feeling drowsy then curl up under the umbrella to enjoy a sleep or relax well.
Tips and Precautions:
- Opt for the ultraviolet source to enjoy the best tanning. If the weather or sky doesn’t permit you then choose tanning bed as an effective alternative.
- The best dress for perfect tanning is a swimsuit, as it aids in tanning all over the body.
- The place will play an important role while tanning your skin. So, find the best place where there is a perfect sunshine like house backyard or beach or anywhere you have the sunshine but be sure to carry tanning lotion, towel, water and a beach chair.
- Time will play a crucial role in tanning your skin. So, be careful that you have to spend only 15 – 30 minutes on all body parts. Constant lying or spending time in the sunshine is not good for your skin and health. So, change your position for every 15 – 30 minutes.
- Also, drink plenty of water and apply tan oil or lotion to speed up the tanning process.
- Consult your dermatologist if you’re suffering from skin peeling or irritation or any other discomforts for proper diagnose and treatment.
- Apply aloe vera gel, rose water, raw milk, almond oil or grated potato or cucumber juice on the affected sunburn areas to get rid of irritation, itching, skin peeling or sunburned effect on the skin.
- Never ever think that prolonged exposure to the sunshine will help to get the best tan. It won’t result in tan but it results in sunburn. It leads to uneven tanning and skin peeling and this, in turn, put you at a risk of skin damage and skin cancer. So, spend only 1 – 2 hours at a time and take rest.
- Avoid wear perfume, deodorant, and makeup while going for a tanning process why because they are loaded with several ingredients that cause skin irritation and sensitivity.
- Eyes are sensitive parts of the body and spending most of the time in harmful sun rays will burn them and make it slightly itching and irritating. So, wear a hat and goggles or sunglasses. Keep the eyes closed for few minutes for extra safety when you lay under the harmful sunshine.
- Avoid applying tanning oil or sunscreen in certain sensitive skin areas like underarms or bikini line.
- For a light skin, you need to flip your body for every 20 minutes to get the tan on each of your body parts.
Follow these self-tanning techniques to grab a perfect tan to the body. Do you know any successful natural remedies to enjoy tanned skin? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
How to Get Rid of a Tan: Remedies That Work
We’ve all had tan lines or uneven color that we wish we could just wash off. But getting rid of a tan is difficult.
A tan is your body’s attempt to protect itself from the sun’s damaging UV rays. Melanin is the chemical responsible for skin darkening or tanning. Your skin releases melanin under the surface layers of your skin to help absorb UV radiation. The more exposure you to have UV rays from the sun or a tanning bed, the more melanin your body releases, and the darker your skin gets.
The best way to lighten a tan is to avoid getting it in the first place. Protect your skin and prevent unwanted tanning with proper sun protection. Always wear a hat, sun protective clothing, and sunscreen when outside. Sunscreen should be reapplied every two hours. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends using sunscreen every day to best protect your skin.
These remedies can help you fade a tan:
Gently exfoliating with a homemade or store-bought scrub can help lighten the tone of your skin by removing dead skill cells on the surface. Just be careful to avoid the sun once you exfoliate. Dead skin cells can help protect against the sun. Once you remove them, you’re more susceptible to sunburn, tanning, and skin damage.
It turns out this sunburn salve is more than a powerful, anti-inflammatory skin soother. A small study found that aloe vera may suppress the release of melanin and reduce pigmentation.
This bright yellow spice has traditionally been used in India as a skin lightener. While it has not been proven to visibly lighten the skin, one study found that turmeric may help protect against sun damage when included in a cream. The study also found that turmeric may improve the skin’s hydration and natural protective oils.
However, turmeric can stain your face (and just about everything else, including your clothes and counter) yellow. Use face wash or makeup remover immediately after a turmeric mask or topical application to help remove residue and prevent staining.
A small study found that black tea extract can lighten a tan on guinea pigs, but more research needs to be done, especially on how homemade brews or topical products with black tea extracts affect humans.
Many skin-lightening creams and treatments are now available over the counter. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends looking for a skin-lightening product that contains one of the following ingredients:
- vitamin C
- glycolic acid
- a retinoid such as retinol, tretinoin, adapalene gel, or tazarotene
- kojic acid
- azelaic acid
These active ingredients can help lighten an existing tan or dark spots by exfoliating the skin and encouraging new cell growth. Some of them can also help slow the production of melanin to help prevent or reduce dark spots. However, it’s important to use only one product with a single active ingredient at a time to prevent irritation or other side effects.
Many of these treatments should be used only under the supervision of a dermatologist. Irritation or dermatitis can result from using too high of a concentration or too many applications. It can also happen if you use a product on larger areas than it was designed for. Overuse of skin-lightening products can also cause skin atrophy and lead to permanent dark spots or discoloration.
Lemon is one of the most popularly touted home remedies for getting rid of a tan, but it should not be used undiluted on the skin. No research has found that lemon juice or citric acid lightens skin or reduces melanin production. Lemon juice or slices of the lemon itself may help remove dead skin, but it can also be irritating.
Lemon juice should always be diluted and thoroughly washed off if used topically. Going out into the sun with lemon or other citrus juice on your skin, even if you tried to wash it off, can make irritation worse and may even lead to chemical burns. The juice causes a chemical reaction that makes your skin more sensitive to UV light.
Foreign lightening products
Do not buy skin-lightening products from countries outside of the United States. Researchers have found unlisted mercury, steroids, and other harmful ingredients in products from other countries.
Bleaching agents should also never be applied to the skin. That includes household bleach and any other product sold as a “whitening” or “bleaching” product.
The best way to get rid of a tan is to properly protect your skin against UV rays. When it’s too late for floppy hats and sunscreen, there are some treatments that may help reduce the appearance of a tan. Be sure to always spot-test treatments on your inner forearm twice per day for at least two or three days to check for a reaction before applying it anywhere else. Always use treatments as directed. Stop using any product or home remedy immediately if it starts to sting or burn, unless your dermatologist advises you to continue.
No matter what treatment you try, time is the best medicine. A tan fades as you naturally shed sunburned or tanned skin cells and replace them with new, untanned cells. Unfortunately, lightening a tan will not undo skin damage or reduce the risk of developing cancer. A darker tan doesn’t defend against sun damage or future skin cancer. A “base tan” is not a healthy or safe way to protect yourself from harmful UV rays.
How To Get A Tan
The indicator is well spent holiday — perfect tan. Skin tone may be different — from pale peach to dusky brown, it all depends on the features of the skin and recreation. Take care that the tan uniform turned and showy, it should advance.
Instruction how to get a tan
Drink carrot juice. A few weeks before the trip to the sea or to the place where your body will be exposed to ultraviolet light, the body start to enrich carotene. Carotene stimulates melanin production which is responsible for the color change. Continue to drink carrot or apricot juice and in the process of getting a tan. Also add in the diet of fruits and vegetables that are bright yellow, green or orange color.
Protect your skin. The damage from excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation — has long been a proven fact. Therefore, in order not to get sunburn and tan do not only smooth, beautiful, but also useful, the skin must be protected. Funds with a high level of protection (SPF 30, 40 or 50) are suitable for very light skin, dark skin can be lubricated with a light drugs — oils with a low level of protection.
Dose solar effects on the skin. The first days of sun exposure should be reduced to a minimum — start with 15 minutes. Gradually increase the duration of the solar treatments, but avoid periods of high solar activity — from 11 to 16 hours of the day. If your skins are roasted through in the first days, the subsequent effects of the sun on the new areas of the skin will cause unsightly age spots, which spoil the impression of the sun.
Use scrubs. Before you apply sunscreen, remove dead skin flakes with a mild exfoliating agents, then tan lie flatter.
Protect the skin of the ears, lips, nose. If the shade of the face or any part of it will be too different from the color of the body, then it violates the natural tan. Therefore, protect the ears, nose and lips, skin is very delicate and easily burned — then your body tan will cover an even layer, and skin tones are not contrasted.
Clean the skin after the beach. Always rinse the remnants of sunscreen products, sea salt, water and sand from the face and body. Use cleansing gels and do not use scrubs and peels after the beach — you can damage the skin. After exposure to the sun body and face, moisten with special compounds that soften the tissue and speed up the process of regeneration.
How To Get A Natural Tan At Home
If you’ve bought a new bathing suit and want to show it off but you’re still very white and you will not have time to tan on the beach, do not worry! There are some natural methods and cosmetic products that will help you get a golden hue without having to leave your home. You can darken your skin temporarily without exposing yourself to UV rays and you’ll look perfect during summer wearing any garment. Note these tips from OneHowTo to get a natural tan at home.
Steps to follow:
A revolutionary method to darken the skin quickly and tan at home is the application of henna. It is a plant that brings out natural pigmentation and can be purchased at any herbal shore. It also contains no chemicals that could damage the structure of the skin.
How to tan with henna? It’s simple, you just have to add a spoonful of henna to your bath water, immerse yourself and relax for at least 5 to 10 minutes for your skin to take the desired shade, but if you do not get the effect you expected you can stay in the bathtub longer. The golden tone will stay on your skin for several days, because henna is waterproof, so you will not lose it when you shower.
There are many foods that promote tanning and they can be great allies for a nice golden tone without having to resort to commercial lotions, as the increase melanin in our bodies. In addition, they will serve to enhance the tan you get in the sun and to help you keep it for longer. One such food is carrot, thanks to its content in carotene, and by making the most of it you can make your own homemade tanning lotions by following the recipes that we show below:
- Self-tanner with carrots, olive oil and lemon: Mix 250 ml of carrot, 4 tbsp olive oil 4 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Self-tanner with carrot and coconut oil: mix juice 4 carrots with a few drops of coconut oil.
It is very important that you apply these lotions on clean skin, otherwise the expected results will not be acquired.
Another ingredient used for natural tanning is black tea. You can also take advantage of it to make your skin look more beautiful. First, you must prepare an infusion of black tea, let it cool and pour it into a spray bottle. Then you only have to apply it to the skin evenly before sun exposure to enhance tanning.
You might also be interested in how to get tanned in winter.
On the market, you can find a wide range of self-tanning lotions supposed to darken the skin instantaneously. You will see that these are available in various formats, from creams and sprays to self-tanning wipes. Find out about what the best option is depending on the finish you want to get and note the following tips to apply them correctly:
- Before applying a self-tanner, it is necessary that exfoliate your skin with a lotion for it to be smooth and free of oils.
- Avoid shaving in the days before application and in the case of waxing, do it at least two days before.
- Do it on clean and dry skin, preferably after showering.
- Moisturize your skin with a body lotion before using self-tanner.
- Start applying it from the bottom up with upward motions using little product and not overdoing it. Do it evenly so that there are not some areas darker than others, paying particular attention to the folds of your skin.
- After a first application, assesses the result and perform a second if you want a more intense tan.
- Use plastic gloves to prevent your hands from becoming brown or yellow.
- Wait until the lotion is absorbed by your skin completely before dressing or going outside because the treatment requires time.
If you are going to use home tanning wipes, you must take into account other essential steps so that the result is as desired and the result is even. For treatment to be effective, you just have to follow the advice that you’ll be able to read on the package, don’t skip any of the steps!
If you want to read similar articles to How To Get A Natural Tan At Home, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.